Attribute configurations is an essential concept within the dRofus Revit Plug-In. It allows you to:
- Specify the Key Parameter / Attribute for linking - i.e., nominate a specific Revit Parameter and a dRofus Attribute, both of which should share a common value. Note - It is essential that the two Key Parameter values selected for each configuration are unique (i.e. no duplicates) for the data matching to be possible.
- Specify and map out which Revit Parameters should push their data in to which dRofus Attributes during Synchronization for linked Rooms, Spaces, Systems, Family Types, Family Instances or Areas and
- Specify and map out which dRofus Attributes should push their data in to which Revit Parameters during synchronization for linked Rooms, Spaces, Systems, Family Types, Family Instances or Areas.
In order to create a new, or edit an existing, attribute configuration, click on "Attribute configurations" (highlighted below):
An "Attribute Configuration Settings" window will pop up as follows:
Here you are presented with the available configurations in the Project and, if you have the appropriate permissions, you will be able to open the editor to either edit an existing or create a new configuration. These configurations are used to link various object types (Rooms, Spaces, Systems, Family Types, Family Instances or Areas) in Revit to their corresponding object types in dRofus. All of these configuration options may or may not be displayed depending on which version of Revit you are using:
- Room <-> Revit Room: Link and / or synchronize dRofus' Rooms with Revit's Rooms
- Room Template <-> Revit Room: Link and / or synchronize dRofus' Room Templates with Revit's Rooms
- System <-> Revit Mechanical System: Link and / or synchronize dRofus' Mechanical systems with Revit's Mechanical systems
- System <-> Revit Electrical System: Link and / or synchronize dRofus' Electrical systems with Revit's Electrical systems
- System <-> Revit Piping System: Link and / or synchronize dRofus' Piping systems with Revit's Piping systems
- Item <-> Revit Family: Link and / or synchronize dRofus' Items with Revit Family Types
- Occurrence <-> Revit Instance: Link and / or synchronize dRofus' Item Occurrences with Revit Family Instances. Because dRofus Item Type attributes as well as Revit Family Type parameters are also available within this type of configuration, it is therefore possible to also use this configuration to push values from dRofus Item Type attributes (such as "Item Name", "Item Number", "BIM ID" etc.) in to Revit Family Instance parameters, as well as push values from Revit Family Type parameters (such as "Type Name", "Type Mark" etc.) in to dRofus Item Occurrence attributes.
- Function <-> Revit Area: Link and / or synchronize dRofus' Functions with Revit's Areas
- Room <-> Revit Space: Link and / or synchronize dRofus' Rooms with Revit's Spaces
- Room Template <-> Revit Space: Link and / or synchronize dRofus' Room Templates with Revit's Spaces
- Project information <-> Project Link and / or synchronize dRofus Project Information, Project Areas or Project Function Data with Revit's Project Data
The "Remember my currently selected configuration(s)" can be checked if you would like to use another configuration than the one that is defined as the standard / default. Note that this will only apply to the specific User and the specific machine you are working on. In order to set another configuration as default for all Users in the project, the Project Administrator will need to edit the configuration and mark it as default.
The Revit Plug-In always has one configuration against each line (1-10) above called "Default". This cannot be edited, but you are able to copy it and make changes to the copy. If you chose to make another configuration the Default, then the configuration called "Default" will be hidden from this view.
Note: If a project adds custom room properties, they will show in the built-in Default configuration and will push those values into the model.
Synchronizing Rooms or Spaces in Revit with Room Templates in dRofus can be particularly useful if you have a separate Revit project for (standard) Room Templates, or the Room you are currently working on is not yet a Room instance in dRofus.